UIR Web Science proposes different courses that can be included in students curriculum at USJ.
Web Culture is a 21h course especially designed for humanities students who want to know more about the Web and its usage.
- Given at Saint-Joseph University’s Humanities Campus
- Designed for students majoring in:
- Religious Science
- History and International Relations
- 14 sessions of 90 minutes
- 10 hours students individual preparations
- Final test: Quiz (100 questions)
- A short history of computers
- Basic technical concepts of the Internet
- The Web
- The Web site
- The social Web
- Web and society
- The Memex. V. Bush.
- What is web 2.0? O’Reilly.
- A manifesto for Web Science. Halford, Pope, Carr.
- The Web is dead. Anderson.
- Long Live the Web. Berners-Lee.